Varicose veins are abnormal dilations of the veins, taking a tortuous appearance. It affects mainly the lower limbs, and apart from a few exceptions, they tend to be a predominantly female disease.
Why do veins become tortuous?
To understand the causes leading to the formation of varicose veins, a small anatomical explanation is needed. Unlike arteries, veins are equipped with a thinner wall, a lesser amount of collagen and elastin and the muscle portion is very limited. Within the lumen of the vein, they are one-way valves that push the blood towards the heart. The problem arises when the pressure inside the vein increases and has the so-called “bulging” valve and wall. At that point, the vein tends to expand more and more, becoming tortuous, visible and sometimes painful.
What are the causes?
The causes are manifold. Among the most important are:
– Sedentary lifestyle
– Blocking of muscle groups at the perforating veins
– Work, i.e. standing for too many hours
What are the remedies?
Apart from classical invasive interventions of sclerotherapy and surgery, there are many treatments at our disposal to restore normal function to the venous system.
At Ortho-bio-med, our aim is always to determine the cause of the problem by reasoning in a functional way, to provide the best response to the problems afflicting the patient. The approach to the treatment of varicose veins is multidisciplinary:
– Phytotherapy: exists in nature; many substances that are able to “feed” the vessel wall in order to improve the tone
– Ozone therapy: The aim is to reactivate venous tone.
– Hydrotomie percutaneous (link): This particular method allows us to inject natural substances, vitamins and homeopathic remedies in order to restore normal function of the circulatory system.
– Lymphatic drainage: Improving drainage will reduce the intraluminal pressure and automatically improves blood flow.
– Manual therapy: in order to unlock muscle groups at the perforating veins
How many sessions are needed?
The number of sessions varies depending on the case, and the treatment program is completely customized.
Are there any side effects?
The therapy respects the physiology of the tissue, and there will be no side effects, with the exception of the common effects due to puncture.
All rights reserved – Orthobiomed 2016®